Download Flash videos in a click
- Supports batch downloads
- Supports auto shutdowns and Growl alerts
- Supports most major Flash video sites
- Only downloads in one format
- Doesn't download more than five videos at a time
Downloading content from Flash video sites such as YouTube is becoming increasingly important as more footage is being censored and withdrawn from the Web.
If you're intending on downloading a lot of content, then Flash Video Downloader 2 is an easy-to-use and powerful solution that downloads from just about any Flash streaming site. The only requisite is that the site sets the video to Autoplay (i.e. it starts playing as soon as the video starts downloading).
Flash Video Downloader 2 can even download videos from sites that require a user log-in, and even those that first play an advertisement. For the content hungry, the maximum batch download rate is five videos at once, although I'd prefer this to be unlimited, even if it would hog bandwidth.
One other handy aspect of Flash Video Downloader 2 is that it can be set to shut down once you've finished downloading a batch of videos. I also liked the fact that Flash Video Downloader 2 supports Growl alerts, so that you know when videos have completed downloading while you're doing other things.
However, it would have been better if you could choose the format you'd like to download to. As it is, you can only download in FLV format which is all very well but not much use if you want to edit the footage afterward.
All in all however, Flash Video Downloader 2 is a handy downloading solution for those users that don't need to download more than five videos at any one time.
- Restored normal behavior to the close button in the main window; it will now hide the window when clicked Corrected website URL listed in the About box to the new website URL No longer prints out the flash video's actual URL to the console (this was accidentally left in the program) Updated Help Book